Sunday, September 10, 2017

Paul & Archie


[photos courtesy of Discogs, since I don't have the LP cover.]

Paul Shultz and Archie Heikkila.  

I found this LP in another LP cover which was mismatched.  Didn't notice it until I got home.  Easy mistake since the album cover it was found in was also by Paul & Archie.  I believe they made two LPs in the late 1970s.  Will post the other LP "Golden Country Memories" disc as soon as I find it.

I like the sound of these guys.  Reminds me a lot of Jimmie Driftwood for some reason.

An obituary search found one Archie Heikkila who was born near Wadena, Minnesota in 1921, and died in 2014 in Floodwood, Minnesota.  Could be him, who knows.  If anyone has more info, please leave a comment.

https://www.discogs.com/Paul-Shultz-And-Archie-Heikkila-Country-Classics-By-Paul-And-Archie/release/5709732

Great Grandad
http://picosong.com/wwnaN

No label
Year: ? (1970s)
Label location:  ?  (suspect Crookston, Mn)
Pressed by: ?

Tracklist:
1. Nikolina
2. The Auctioneer
3. Mansion On The Hill
4. Nobody Home On The Range Anymore
5. Wolverton Mountain
6. When God Comes And Gathers His Jewels
7. Accidentally On Purpose
8. Great Grandad
9.  The Chair That Rocked Us All
10. Don't Let Me Cross Over
11. The Singing Waterfall
12. The Evening Prayer

Click here to --->>>Download

No comments: