Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Bill Bacon


I thought you might like some info on my dad. He had two brothers, Shorty and Ed Bacon. They also played country music. Uncle Shorty did two or three 45's. Two Arms Two Lips was done in 1960. While living in Southern California dad and his band would play on a show called Cal's Corral on Sundays. It was a show put on by Cal Worthington Dodge. I was pretty young, but do remember going on Sundays. Around 1974 dad also did a 45 called Deep in The Heart of Ann. This he did under the name of Mage Corbett. Two Arms Two Lips was reviewed in Billboard Magazine on Sept. 26, 1960 page 98. He absolutely loved country music. Played all his life. He played lead guitar and bass guitar. He never knew how to read music. He would listen to a new song a few times. That's how he learned new music. I thought it might be interesting for you to have some background on dad.
Thanks again,
~Brenda


Ozark 1250
Year: 1960
Label location: South Gate, California
Pressed by: RCA

My Heart Would Know I Do


Two Arms Two Lips


Click here to --->>>Download

No comments: