Friday, October 26, 2012

Chuck Carson (7th post)

Chuck Carson postcard from the KSTP Sunset Valley Barn Dance

From an old radio station collection.  This is probably the final posting of Chuck Carson, as I don't know of any more records he made in Minnesota.  He apparently moved to California in the 1960s to work for the Fender Stratocaster company.  His daughter told me he was injured while driving on a mountain road and got caught in a landslide, and died not long after (in 1969) of respiratory complications from the accident.

A true Minnesota original.

Soma 1061
Year: 1957

The Little Stinker


Walking With A Broken Heart


3 comments:

Mellow said...

My favorite by him is "Wagons Rolling Westward."

krenzcar88 said...

Thanks derik for posting these of my Dad. I had forgotten about those two. You are ALMOST complete. Thanks Again....Carson.

Derik said...

Yes, there are apparently other records that exist, but I've never seen them. Any info always helps in my search, or if you actually have them, send them along and I'll post them and promise to return them post-haste.

thanks for visiting