Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Allen Potter




I picked up about 25 new records on my trip to the wedding last month, which was right near Bon Aqua, where this record was made. The best record store I found was River Records in Memphis. A diggers delight, and the owner is a nice guy. He talked about Matt Dillon a lot, who apparently bought thousands of dollars in pre-war 78s from him a few years back. From what he was saying, Dillon sounds like quite an ambitious collector, with a bottomless pocketbook. That must be one nice collection.

Sur-Speed 232
Year: Unknown

Take Me And Love Me Again


Download

A House Of A Hundred Heartaches


Download

2 comments:

DrunkenHobo said...

Sur-speed (TN )45 - 206 is 1966 So after 1966

matt s. said...

Hey,
I've been a fan of your blog for a while from afar and after seeing this post I was inspired to post a Sur-Speed 45 I have of my own on my blog if you'd like to check it out. Its a pretty strange country 45 by Okie Jones. I don't know to much about him and this is the only Sur-Speed 45 I have. Wish I could find more like these in my neck of the woods...

http://thursdaynightrecordsandbeer.blogspot.com/