Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lee & Juanita Moore





Lee was an dj in Virginia, and a musician himself. He and his wife Juanita recorded about 20 songs for the new jersey based Cross Country label starting in 1953. Lee wrote the song The Cat Came Back, a cover version of which I posted a month or so ago. I am always looking for old (new to me) versions of Remember Me. This one adds to the 7 or 8 versions I posted earlier this year. Wish I had a better quality picture of the couple. Surprised noone has posted a compilation cd. This seems like perfect material for Uncle Gil or Johnny One-note.

Read all about Lee here: Lee Moore

Remember Me (When candlelights are Gleaming)


Let's Say Hello Like We Said Goodbye


Click here to --->>>Download

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Lee Moore, the old "coffee drinking nighthawk" DJ. Good stuff

Mellow said...

Wonderful... Cattle put out a CD of him I think here in Germany.

Derik said...

Yeah, Germany is so great about reissuing stuff. Cattle and Bear Family have saved country music.

If you have any cds to share, I can give you my email. I'll post them here.

thanks for visiting and commenting.

mrmeadowlark said...

Derik,

If you will e-mail me your e-mail address I will send you Lee Moore's first Rural Rhythm album for you to post... it is ripped from a cassette but I cleaned up the sound quality a bit... never been issued on a CD (although his second RR album was issued on CD, therefore you likely would not be interested in posting it), but as the first one is currently unavailable in any form I would like to share it with you to post as a followup to this great posting.

Most Sincerely Yours,
MrMeadowlark.
EMAIL: MrMeadowlark1984@gmail.com

Mellow said...

Derik,

I have some old 45s that may not fit to your blog (kinda German 50s folk-pop music, can't describe it, we call it "Schlager" :-)), but if you're interested in posting them, I can upload them for you or send them to you.

I've got also my own blog, go to http://hillbillycountry.blogspot.com - I think I'm going to post some more country comps the next time.

regards

Derik said...

Mellow,

I'll listen to it and let you know what I think.

derikolson@mail.com

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Derik said...

Wow thanks for the compliment and encouragement.