Sunday, September 13, 2009

Skater's Waltz




I'll bet you won't find anything like this in your music collection. I almost never post instrumental tracks, because it's the sound of someone's voice that really does it for me ....usually. In this case I just love the sound of this record. As the title indicates, this is vintage roller skating music. I don't even know what a clarinola is or what is looks like. The internet doesn't seem to either. So let's just sit back and appreciate the sounds. It isn't hard to picture yourself on the parquet with your little darlin' on a sunday afternoon.



Skater's Waltz


b/w I Never Knew

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought you might enjoy a contemporary version by an amazing duo - Doug Paisley (guitar) and Shary Boyle (visuals) - performing as Dark Hand & Lamplight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV-Tk1uTQtM

Rocky Lane said...

I'm the opposite. There just aren't that many "good" singers (although you've managed to put up quite a few on this blog). So I like instrumentals. So many where done in the 50's & 60's that I still haven't heard yet. Since you put up a lotta rare records, if you ever come across Ken Griffin's "You, You, You Are The One" on Rondo 186. please post it. Been lookin' for this song since the early 70's.