Thursday, August 27, 2009

Doye O'Dell



I don't like to pretend that I know an artist when I see their record. In this case, as is many of my records, I had never heard of Doye O'Dell, and learned about him from the website run by his family:

doyeodell.com

This record was issued by Crown Records in 1962. Bob Dylan played "Diesel Smoke" on his "Danger" show of Theme Time Radio Hour. So turns out I had heard Doye before, but just didn't remember.

Doye O'Dell Country Time
Crown LP 5264

1 Burning Bridges
2 Take A Number
3 Diesel Smoke
4 Wish I'd Stayed In The Wagon Yard
5 Count Down
6 Half A Heartache
7 Shalley Bell
8 It Takes a Lot Out Of Me
9 If The Devil Wants To Talk


Click here to --->>>Download

6 comments:

doug said...

Doye Odell was a cowboy hero in the 1950's glorious black and white TV days. Its good to hear him again. Thank you. Bassooner.

1verycoolguy said...

I remember hearing Doye O'Dell way back when they used to have albums with different singers on them. I thought he was pretty good. I had a few until I sold all of my no name albums. Now I wish I had the all back. Lol. Oh well, they're gone now. Thanks for this post.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the album thanks, but is there any chance you could upload the missing track 4 please ?

Some Local Loser said...

thanks for alerting me about the missing track. i've uploaded a new zip file. thanks for listening.

Peer Schouten said...

hi! awesome artist--is it possible to re-upload the zip file? it's removed now.. thanks!

Derik said...

New link posted. Thanks for letting me know Peer.