Sunday, August 2, 2009

Zero Minus The One I Love



This is a b-side to Bill's single "Ninety-Nine" from 1959. I happen to think the b-side is better, and had I been in the studio at the time I would have spoken up.

I recently learned how to rip vinyl using a bit of advice from my favorite blogger Red Neckerson. It took a few trials to work out the background buzzing sounds, but I eventually ended up with something that almost sounds like it came from a Cd. Seeing as how I couldn't find this track on any of Bill's Cds, I hope he won't mind me posting it here.

Bill Anderson - Back Where I Started From - 1959

3 comments:

WESTEX said...

Never been a huge fan of Bill's, and probably never will, but this ain't too bad a track actually.

Anonymous said...

In my opinion, some of Bill Anderson's best work is contained on his early Decca singles. Unfortunately, most of these have never been re-issued on CD. You have posted one, and the sound is great. Thanks.

Some Local Loser said...

You're welcome! I'm glad others can appreciate this song. It makes the work I've put in worthwhile.